When Mobility Labs joined the team working on the National Civic Day of Hacking, we were looking for an interesting challenge that might have a real impact on social issues. We did not know how deeply we would get drawn into the project however. As a result of our challenge approach, we have:
- Met with Department of Labor Chief Innovation Officer, Xavier Hughes
- Attended a listening session at the Department of Labor—attended by Assistant Secretary Keith Kelly—where we were singled out by name for our contributions so far
- Were described on the DOL website: “Washington, D.C.-based developer team took on our Women Veteran Data Challenge during the National Day of Civic Hacking!”
- Mentioned on the Whitehouse blog: “In Washington, DC, one team worked with the U.S. Department of Labor to design a system that connects women veterans with important available resources…”
- For more information on the approach we are developing, visit this prototype site. Check back for our team video!
We are very excited to be a part of this project, and look forward building out our concept, which is receiving such favorable attention. As a veteran-owned organization, Mobility Labs is strongly committed to helping other veterans. We see the employment issues being faced by women who have served in the military as an important social issue, one that speaks to who we are as a society.
Stay tuned for updates on this project!